When you have a baby in the summer, it’s easy to enter mamahood being a leaky, milky, sweaty furnace. But not if you are prepared. With a few key fashion pieces, you can actually make your summer adventures with your new bundle of joys smooth and, well, stylish. Whether you want breastfeeding-friendly clothes that keep you cool or attire that you can also wear at the beach, we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 new mom summer essentials to keep your transition into motherhood fashionable all season long.
1. One-Piece Dressing. Once baby arrives, getting dressed needs to be seamless, especially in the early days when establishing a new routine. One-piece dressing keeps things functional, easy and stylish. We are loving this off-the-shoulder midi dress from Ingrid and Isabel with easy nursing access and this free flowing forgiving style from Ulla Johnson to flex with your changing shape.
2. Beach Cover-Ups. While your body is still transitioning, keep some stylish and sexy cover-ups in your closet for days by the water. How great are this cotton jumpsuit and this mini off-the-shoulder dress, both from Mara Hoffman?
3. Stylish at-home Clothes. Between physically recovering, a demanding nursing schedule and adjusting to baby’s needs, new mamas typically spend a good amount of time at home. Elevate your at-home look with this super comfortable gauze jumpsuit and dress, both from Black Crane.
4. Comfortable (and stylish) Footwear. As a new mama, the ‘need for comfort’ bar raises significantly. That’s why you need either these soft bed Birkenstocks in silver or this contemporary style from Clarks, which both easy on the body.
5. Summer Scarves. If you are nursing and prefer to cover up when doing so in public, keep a few lightweight scarves tucked in your bag to pull out, in case you need to breastfeed on-the-go. We are loving this floral print from Zara and this boho style from Anthropologie.
6. Shapewear. As the body moves through various transitions post baby, keep this full-body spanx body slimmer and this high waist shapewear thong from Yummie Tummy in the archives when you want cleaner lines under your clothing.
7. Lightweight Diaper Bag. Babies (and new mamas) come with a lot of gear. Finding a carryall that is functional, lightweight and stylish is key. Opt for this all-in-one tote from J. Mater or this canvas style from Anne York.
8. Nursing Bras. Nursing mamas need nursing bras. That’s undeniable. But it’s even better if you can stock up on stylish ones, you know, to keep you feeling sexy. We are loving the never say never mommie bra from Cosabella and this lace trim option from Seraphine Maternity.
9. Baby Carrier. Mobility is key, and a carrier with less bulk will do wonders for you during the warmer months. The Solly Baby wrap and Boba wrap. are both breathable options that will keep your little one cool while you are running errands or hanging out with friends at barbecue parties.
Shop the post: