Name: Randi Zinn
Neighborhood: Chelsea, NYC
Occupation: Founder, Beyond Mom and www.RZBeyondMom.com
Baby’s Gender: Girl
How would you describe your pregnant style?
Similar to my regular style- feminine but with an edge. I always try to flatter the parts that should be accentuated and minimize the parts that shouldn’t catch your eye. When pregnant, the parts that fit into those categories shift but that only adds to what can be a fun fashion challenge!
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during pregnancy?
Since this was my second pregnancy, I remembered what looked best on me last time around: cute, fitted dresses. Leggings or denim with a funky, slouchy top. I went with those looks again. The only challenges I really ran up against were finding good maternity tights (to wear under those cute dresses when it got chilly out — either they were too tight or too loose and fell down my body as I walked. Not cute!), and also how to convince myself to put on jeans once I hit Month 9! You reach a point where you want to look stylish, but comfort begins to take precedence. Leggings became my best friend pretty quickly, so I compromised and found leggings with cute patterns like camouflage!
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
That each pregnancy really is different! In some way I guess I expected to recognize symptoms from the first time, but really, this was a very different experience. In some ways for the better, and in some ways, posed more of a challenge!
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
Having been in boy world for the past four years, I’m super excited to have the experience of raising a girl. And even though the clothes are adorable and I can’t wait to dress her, raising a girl in this world is really the thing I feel honored to be part of. It’s a huge challenge to raise a young woman to feel confident and clear about who she is but I feel ready to explore it with her as her mom and hopefully, role model.
What’s your 5 registry essentials?
- 4Moms MamaRoo. I decided to invest in a high quality swing this time around, knowing I’ll have my hands full! In fact, i saw this swing for the first time at a Well Rounded Event!
- Giggle Better Basic Organic Cotton Crib Sheets. I used these sheets for my son and they lasted years. Super soft and the patterns go with almost any nursery. It was exciting to buy them in pink!
- Honest Company Diapers. I have to admit, I’m sold on the cute patterns, but also like that they are earth conscious as well.
- Ergo Baby Carrier. We did really well with this carrier with my son, so will be using it again!
- Baby Bjorn Travel Crib. A must-have! This crib went everywhere with us and it will be traveling with this family again!
Randi is wearing: Dress by Egg Maternity by Susan Lazar