Hidden gems, well-kept secrets, and honest truths… These are all integral part of pregnancy and parenting. Whether you need a little help planning your first family vacation or wonder what childhood is like without TV and other electronics, we know you want in on all the tricks and tips. So here are 5 links that have bits of parenting wisdom in them.
1. Kid & Coe introduces a new home exchange service for family travelers. Alongside its collection of over 1,000 private homes and vacation rentals, the family travel website adds over 50 properties that are “up for swap.” So do you want to explore the world with your entire family, baby and all? This is the best way to do it.
2. Hemorrhoids, flatulence, hairy legs… No one wants to talk about the ugly side of pregnancy… but it’s there, and you too could experience some of the challenging, unpleasant aspects of growing a baby inside of you. Here are 11 cartoons showing all of the pregnancy struggles you don’t really hear or talk about but you probably should.
3. A mom of 4 shares the beauty of a technology-free family way of life. If you are curious to see what childhood in rural New Zealand without TV and modern-day gadgets looks like, check out her photography.
4. We’ve heard a lot about the Finnish baby box to encourage safe sleep lately. But what if the answer to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) was a centuries-old flax baby bed? Sleep experts say that the wahakura, a traditional woven basket used by the Maori populations in New Zealand, could help little ones sleep soundly and, more importantly, safely.
5. The art of swaddling has been around for centuries, and Aden and Anais, which introduced its muslin baby essentials in 2006, is nothing new to the seasoned mom either. But the brand just launched a new collection for parents with an eye for design. The White Label Collection features whimsical prints with bold colors and is exclusively sold in premium boutiques and specialty stores nationwide.