Having a baby’s just about the most permanent thing you can do out there. But deep breaths, mama. That doesn’t mean you have to change your commitment-phobic ways. For the wishy-washy among us, we’ve rounded up 5 ways you can keep on flip-flopping through motherhood, in the best way possible.
1. Nursery Decor: Chasing Paper Removable Wallpaper If the thought of decorating your nursery is leaving you paralyzed in fear (of changing your mind, that is), try Chasing Paper’s removable wallpaper on for style. No need to decide between pink or green, hearts or unicorns, woodland cool or desert chic — now you can peel, stick and then remove to your heart’s content. We’re also pretty obsessed with the whimsical prints, including collections from some of our fave baby designers like June & January and Gingiber.
2. Baby Toys: Pley Rental Library
We know you want your babe to have the latest and greatest, but we also know that no matter how much space you’ve got, you don’t want it overrun with baby toys. Avoid having to decide which ball or blocks or singing books make the cut with a toy rental service like Pley. Just set your preferences, pick your plan and get toys delivered to your door on the regular. Send them back when baby’s bored and get a new array of toys that meet baby’s developmental stage.
3. Baby Activities: Kidpass Membership
There’s so many cool baby classes out there, but dang are they rough on the pocketbook! Still, how can you enroll in just one? What if your babe was destined to be a professional aerialist, if only you enrolled her in that baby acrobatics class? Or a world-class DJ, if only you had him spinning at 6 months? Kidpass lets you pay one monthly fee and hit up tons of different classes around town. Options include thousands of activities from arts & crafts classes to indoor playspaces, from sports to music lessons, from ballet to museums and zoos, and more.
4. Baby Clothes: Mac & Mia Clothing Boxes
If you’re spending way too many naptimes hemming and hawing over which bonnet would just make the perfect Instagram-worthy outfit for your baby, you’re gonna love Mac & Mia’s handpicked kids’ clothing boxes. Think LeTote for kids — a personal stylist chooses 6-8 items just for your little one, and you keep what you love and send back what you don’t. Which means less time wasted shopping and more naptime….for mama.
5. Mama’s Night Out: Sitter Babysitting App
After all that decision-making, mama, you deserve a night out. But as usual, you couldn’t quite decide what you wanted to do or where you wanted to go until the very last minute possible. Which didn’t leave you much time to find a babysitter. The Sitter app will help you find a babysitter on demand by sending out a request to all your sitters to figure out who’s available for your much-needed (but last-minute) jaunt. Sitter also helps you build a network of possible sitters through your friends, and books and pays those sitters right through the app.