Whether your post-baby body is forever changed or still in transition, finding a style after baby that works for this ‘new normal’ (read: curvier) shape can be challenging. Most of us don’t bounce back as quickly as we hope, but it’s no excuse to not feel your best.
While we tend to hold off on spending until our goal weight is reached, this leads to resentment while getting dressed. Instead, invest in strategic pieces that will flex with your changing body. Don’t give up on your personal style! Toss those leggings and T-shirt aside, and treat your luscious self to some newness. You’re worth it!
1. Girlfriend Jeans. The perfect slouchy denim, not tight on the waist but fitted through the leg. Buy true to size and add a heel for sass. Gap Deconstructed Best Girlfriend Jeans, $79.95
2. Jumpsuit. Jumpsuits without a defined waist are super forgiving in your mid-section. Free People Lou Jumpsuit, $148
3. Leather Leggings. Swap out your go-to cotton leggings for these leather ones to elevate your look. H&M Treggings, $29.99
4. Blazer. Second layers work with all body types, are closet staples and worth spending a little bit extra on. Smythe Long Notched Blazer, $595
5. Cargo Joggers. Looking cool combined with comfort is the way to go when you’re in mamahood and this cargo style easily transitions from diapers to date night. NSF Johnny Pants, $100
6. Sweater Skirt. Elastic waistbands will be your best friend and will fit whether your +/- 5 lbs. Club Monoco Horrace Sweater Skirt, $149.50
7. Overalls. The best part about overalls is that there is wiggle room for gaining or losing a few lbs. Old Navy Skinny Denim Overalls, $44.94
8. Oversized Sweater. Oversized sweaters/dresses will be your go-to for coziness during the fall/winter season without compromising style. Hope Grand Sweater, $225
SHOP THE NEW NORMAL