*We’ve partnered with FreshDirect to keep the healthiest food in your kitchen all summer long.
When you become a mom, it can be hard to find those extra minutes in your day to prep, cook and sometimes even eat a proper meal. But as a new mom, your nutrition has never been more important. Whether you’re looking to stay energized during those long days (and nights), make more milk for breastfeeding, or even lose a few pounds, your diet matters.
New mom and wellness expert Arielle Haspel of Be Well with Arielle says it’s all about finding the right new mom nutrition hacks. And the summer season is filled with them. “Since having Gemma 3 months ago, my days have become extra limited and each hour has become ultra precious, she says, “so I’ve been getting really creative with my shopping lists and quick meals in the kitchen.”
Below, Arielle shares 10 of her best new mom summer nutrition hacks, filled with healthy food you can have delivered from FreshDirect. Plus, make sure to click through to find some of her best recipes over on FreshDirect’s blog!
1. Use what’s in season. Apricots are plentiful in the summer. Add to store-bought salsa for a summery twist.
2. Be creative. Grill summer peaches on the BBQ and top them with coconut milk ice cream for an extra sweet summer treat.
3. Stay Hydrated. Instead of ice cubes, add frozen fruit to a pitcher of water and voila! Gorgeous kid-friendly summer sangria.
4. Think versatility. Buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, cut into chunks and eat it the rest of the week. Be sure not to bore your tastebuds! Stir in some avocado oil mayo for a quick chicken salad or sprinkle on taco seasoning for chicken lettuce tacos.
5. Re-purpose. Fruit ripens fast during the hot summer months. Freeze your soft strawberries, peaches, apricots to make refreshing smoothies.
6. Chill out. DIY popsicles using leftover smoothies or freeze some coffee with almond milk for an energizing morning indulgence.
7. Healthify your cravings. As soon as the groceries arrive, cut up the veggies and place them in glass containers at eye level in your fridge. Sliced cucumbers, jicama sticks and pepper strips are perfect crunchy substitutes for chips.
8. Entertain with ease. Use metal or wooden skewers for a no-fuss BBQ. Cut up chicken breasts, swordfish or salmon and marinate in lemon, olive oil and sea salt for a yummy get-together.
9. Liven up your meals. Add tons of flavor to store-bought marinades, salads, corn and even lemonade with fresh summer herbs, like basil, mint or thyme.
10. Keep it simple. Become queen of the grill by rubbing your meat with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and a touch of coconut palm sugar. Simple, yet fab!
*This post was sponsored by FreshDirect. Use code FDJUN10 to get $10 off your next Freshdirect order of $75 or more!**
Photo of Arielle by Mad Wolf Photography.
**This offer is good for $10 off your next Freshdirect residential web order of $75 or more when promotion code FDJUN10 is entered at checkout. One use per customer/household and may not be combined with any other promotion code. All standard customer terms and conditions apply. FreshDirect reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time. Offer expires at 11:59pm ET, August 31, 2017 . Discount excludes taxes, bottle deposit, surcharges and delivery fees. Offer is nontransferable. Void where prohibited.