Is your little one as ready for summer as you are? Though it may not feel like it, we’re on the eve of summer, and soon baby and you will do whatever you can to beat the heat. But no matter how hot and humid it may get, summer is not the time to be cooped up inside. So how do you keep baby comfortable the warmer months?
From short-sleeved onesies to bloomers to swimsuits, here are the 9 summer essentials to keep baby cool all summer long.
1. Onesie. This onesie from Kira Kids is lightweight and printed with non-toxic water-based paint. In classic grey, it will go with anything and will keep your little one fresh and cool all season long. Plus, how cool is the hand-drawn shade print? Buy here, $39.
2. Bloomers. Every baby needs a pair of bloomers in the summertime. Why not shake it up with a leopard print that’s sure to be spotted? Billie Blooms brings you bloomers with elastic waist and legs that are totally machine washable and totally fabulous. Buy here, $34.
3. A dressy outfit. The Misha and Puff Organic Eleanor Sunsuit in sky is the perfect comfortable dressy option for your wee one. This handknit romper-esque beauty is a lovely shade of blue that will dazzle this summer, with a leg closure and ruffles for pizzazz. Buy here, $108.
4. Sunglasses. Time for your baby’s first sunnies? Check out Real Shades brand of “My First Shades” for a pair that provide 100% UV protection, a wrap around band so they won’t fall off, shatterproof lenses, and are totally adjustable to fit your baby’s uniquely sized head. Buy here, $14.95.
5. Bootie. With open toes, an adjustable hook and a loop closure, the Donsje Giggle sandal is a great summer bootie for your babe. The cow hair cream colorway is cool and casual for the pool, the beach or the mall. Buy here, $61.
6. Pants. Even when it’s hot out, a pair of pants is a must to keep baby’s legs protected from the beating sun. These organic baby leggings from 1212 are your perfect combination of softness, stretch and style. Coming in a variety of colors and made of 94% organic Pima cotton, they are also free of harmful chemicals and safe for the environment. Buy here, $34.
7. Swimsuit. It wouldn’t be summer without a trip to the beach or the pool. So don’t forget to get a swimsuit for your itty-bitty bundle to get a little splash in the water. June and January just launched their new swim collection, and it is perfect for your summer adventures at the beach or at the water park. Buy here, $25.
8. A lightweight baby blanket. Even in the summer, you’ll want a lightweight blanket to throw in your stroller for a little extra baby comfort. This black and white stripe option from Brooklyn Born reflects the style of a beach blanket for summer chicness. Buy here, $59.
9. Sunhat. If you want to keep your little one’s head cool and avoid overheating, hats are non-negotiable. Little Sunhat offers the perfect selection of hats for your baby! The new bucket style in particular, which launched this month, is comfortable, stylish and offer great sun protection. Buy here, $45.