As the founder of our favorite baby registry hack, Cricket’s Circle, Rachel Blumenthal thinks about life with new baby on a daily basis. So it’s no surprise that she was packed and ready to go for Baby Girl Blumenthal almost a month in advance. “The last thing I want to do is scramble when I go into labor. If only I could get my husband to throw a few of his things in the bag before d-day!”
With her first babe, Griffin, who arrived four years ago, Rachel says she “packed everything down to two rolls of toilet paper (seriously). I’m still trying to figure out what the he** my friend was thinking who told me to pack it. This time around, it’s all about practical, essentials–less is more.”
In honor of little Gemma’s arrival last week, we’re opening up Rachel’s birth day carryall and showing you how one baby expert packed for the big day.
1. Somme Institute travel kit. The simplest form of a complete skincare routine in the perfect travel sizes.
3. Cosabella lace nursing bra. Sexy lace + function = brilliant
4. Helmut Lang slouchy drawstring jersey pant. Jersey + Stretchy + Drawstring + Black = forgiving and comfort heaven.
5. Giant Missoni Bath Sheet Towel. Your first shower is somewhere between incredible and traumatic so I like to have a giant, comfy towel.
7. Aden and Anais Neon Pink Star Swaddle. Nursing cover-up, lightweight blanket and swaddle in one.
8. Parker Thatch X-Large canvas tote bag. I’m packing everything in this incredible, enormous canvas tote bag.
9. Naturepedic Trio Organic Pillow. The.Most.Incredible.Pillow.Ever. and it’s organic!
Illustration by Jennifer Cascino of Famous Swan Productions.
SHOP RACHEL’S HOSPITAL BAG PICKS