As 2017 comes to an end, we’re reflecting on our favorite gear for both baby and mama that hit the market this past year. There are a lot of great products out there, but these have made our lives easier and our multitasking more efficient. Some of them have helped us keep our homes evermore stylish (that’s right, even with baby moving in!); and they’ve even let us get more sleep. Want to know what baby products made 2017 such a big and innovative year for parents and their little ones?
Here are 17 products we absolutely loved in 2017.
1, Babyletto Kiwi glider, $599. There are two reasons this glider is a must-have for your nursery. The chair is equipped with a USB charging port (trust us, this feature will come in handy when you realize you phone is on one percent and you just sat down for a long breastfeeding session), and at the touch of a button, it fully reclines, meaning more cuddles and less neck crick!
2. Ergo Baby Omni 360, $180. This four position carrier can be used from newborn without the need for an infant insert and has built in lumber support making it the most comfortable baby carrier we’ve ever put on.
3. Willow, $479. No tubes, cords, or hunching over baby bottles necessary. This pump fits directly inside your bra for a discreet and portable pumping experience. And it gets even smarter than that, syncing to the Willow app means you can track all your pumping session details.
4. Nuna Pipa Lite, $349. Hauling baby around in her car seat got easier on your back in 2017. Lightweight but mighty, the Pipa Lite weighs a mere 5.3 lbs. but is still packed with all the same safety features you’d expect from Nuna, though it doesn’t allow for seatbelt installation.
5. Dockatot Fairytale Collection, $195. What could possibly make the Dockatot better? Only the most beautiful collection of covers we’ve ever seen! The Fairytale Collection is all about florals, along with a gorgeous marble design. We don’t know about you, but we kind of think we need one of each.
6. SNOO, $1,160. This truly one-of-a-kind bassinet might just save your sanity during those long nights with a newborn. Created by Dr. Harvey Karp himself, the SNOO ’s innovative design has a built-in swaddle and actually responds to your babies cries and soothe him back to sleep. You know what this means, right? More sleep for you too!
7. Cybex Yema, $199. The Cybex Yema is both a baby carrier and your newest fashion accessory rolled into one. It keeps baby snug from birth and mama looking oh so stylish.
8. Nanit monitor, $299. Until this year, the options for viewing your sleeping (or non-sleeping for that matter) baby have been traditional monitors or security cameras. But now there is Nanit. This smart baby monitor works with an app to track baby’s sleep patterns, helping to improve sleep for babies and their tired parents.
9. Bugaboo Bee5, from $739. The bugaboo bee5 is the perfect stroller for city living. It’s compact, stylish and ultra customizable, with countless color combinations. The new bee5 has some pretty awesome upgrades including a faux leather handlebar and all new and improved front wheels with four-wheel suspension.
10. fridababy FeverFrida the iThermonitor, $69,99. Ever worry about your sick baby’s temperature spiking during the night? Yeah, us too. That’s why we’re loving FeverFrida the iThermonitor from the ever innovative fridababy. It works all night long, checking your babe’s temperature and giving you alerts when necessary.
11. Doodle Pop, $9,99. 2017 brought us the Doddle Pop, aka the cleaner pacifier. When this pacifier falls out of your baby’s mouth, the nipple automatically pops back inside, meaning it never ever makes contact with the ground.
12. Tubby Todd Mama, starting at $12. This year, Tubby Todd introduced their newest line of skin care, and it’s all about Mama! The line contains luxurious belly oil and nursing salve, just to name a few. Products can be purchased separately or in a bundle, which we think would make for a wonderful gift for all your mama friends.
13. Diaper Bag by Freshly Picked, $175. Did you know that Freshly Picked launched a diaper bag this year, and it’s gorgeous? What we love about this bag, besides the fact that it doesn’t look like a diaper bag, is that it can be worn three ways, as a backpack, cross-body or purse.
14. Gathre mat, $20-$180. The highly versatile gather mat can be used everywhere from your child’s bedroom to the beach to underneath the high chair of a messy eater. These bonded leather mats simply wipe clean, and the super stylish design and gorgeous color palette make it hard to choose just one!
15. Lewis Swaddles, $24. There are lots and lots of swaddle brands to choose from, but if you’re looking for a swaddle that’s set apart from the rest, think Parsnip and Stingray, then check out the awesome new line by Lewis.
16. Dapple Baby Laundry Detergent Strips, $9,99. Even doing laundry became quicker and easier. Simply toss these laundry detergent strips with the wash and voila, clean clothes! And for those city dwellers who use the laundromat, ditch the heavy detergent bottle already and pick up a pack of detergent strips.
17. Nomi by Evomove, $238. We love products that take you from day one all the way through childhood. The Nomi is first used as an infant seat, then a high chair, and finally a big kid chair, adapting along the way as your kiddo grows! Not to mention, its original and modern look!