Name: Nora Lynn Leech
Occupation: Owner of a small design firm, Exupery Design
Baby’s Sex: Male
How would you describe your pregnant style?
A mix of vintage, modern and boho. Lots of mumu’s and empire waist dresses. I want to feel good but still have a bit of my normal moxie. I love my maternity sleepwear, in particular. I have this pj set, which is adorbs; and I also love this nightgown — so comfortable and classy. It is vintage, but I found it in two different colors on etsy, and ordered both. Overall, I prefer not to have tight material around my bump, I feel like the little munchkin is getting constricted in there if my clothes are too tight.
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during this pregnancy?
I had some issues finding formal wear for a wedding a few weeks ago. Sizes vary so much, and shopping online is a bit of a challenge. It isn’t just the bump, everything has expanded some, so trying to figure out what size I wear in maternity definitely varies a lot from brand to brand.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
I thought I would be a lot more uncomfortable. It is my first pregnancy, and the pregnancy books talk a lot about the discomfort. I got lucky and didn’t have any morning sickness or much fatigue. I feel really energetic, happy and zen so far.
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
He is due Nov 30, and I can’t wait to take him for walks this winter. We live a block from McGolrick park, and it always looks so magical with the fresh snow.
What’s your top 5 registry essentials?
- I looooove the Kindekeklein cradle, although I don’t think it will work with our particular apartment setup. I still think it is such a beautiful piece of baby furniture.
- We want to use cloth diapers, and I am so super excited about Diaperkind.
- Also excited about the Leche Libre nursing dresses, which I pre-ordered.
- I am definitely trying to be proactive about hormonal aging. I have been, and will continue to slather on my LiftActiv Supreme.
- And Jonathan Adler Mobile.
Photography by Belle Augusta for Well Rounded NY.
Shop the post: