Alright, mamas! ‘Tis the season for dining al fresco, outdoor weddings and weekend BBQs. But what to wear? After all, when you’re pregnant, finding what to wear is one big struggle — especially if it’s for a special occasion. Sure, keeping it casual should be your go-to styling motto when the temperatures rise, your body changes and you want to look and feel your best while still being comfortable. But… taking it up a notch and elevating your style for events that warrant dressing up is a must. So here’s a breakdown, by trimester, of what you should wear at summer BBQ gatherings, evening cocktail parties and weddings.
Consider styles with extra space and no seams in the mid-section to conceal your barely-there bump that is likely still under wraps this trimester.
1. For a weekend BBQ, we love this midi style eyelet dress from zara, to pair with anything from flats to heels.
2. For evening mocktails, take this forgiving Rachel Comey jumpsuit and pair it with statement-making accessories and a heel for a super chic evening look.
3. For a wedding, this off-the-shoulder striped maxi dress from ASOS has a comfortable statement-making silhouette to hide your mini bump, and it’s unexpectedly sexy with revealing shoulders and collarbones.
Now that you are likely out of the pregnancy-closet, you’re ready to highlight the second-trimester baby bump. So go ahead and show it off.
1. Fo a weekend BBQ, pair a classic espadrille wedge with this striped asymmetrical cotton Envie de Fraise dress for a casual sunday get together.
2. For evening mocktails, this Hatch twilight jumpsuit has endless styling opportunities and easily transitions from day into evening-wear.
3. For a wedding, keep it light and lovely on warm summer nights with this Hope & Ivy kimono dress from ASOS.
The home stretch of pregnancy, the third trimester is when your bump is most pronounced. Embrace these last few months by staying cool, comfortable and stylish until the little babe arrives!
1. For a weekend BBQ, this Loyal Hana dress will keep you cool, comfortable and on-trend at your weekend party
2. For evening mocktails, pair this Envie de Fraise strapless dress from A Pea In The Pod with comfortable flat sandals, a statement clutch and a big gold cuff. Throw on a leather moto jacket to edge it up on cooler evenings.
3. For a wedding, this earthy Seraphine floral silk maxi dress is seasonally on point, breathable, and trend-right.
Shop the post: