YER A WIZARD, HARRY! This year marks twenty years since American readers met Harry Potter, and we have a list of reasons why you should be taking your littles to watch the movies! And the shocking — and disgusting — chemical that’s been found in a toddler staple: CHEERIOS. We have all the details on this disturbing discovery. Plus how you can get a free pair of eco-friendly, leak-proof nursing pads, by Bamboobies! It’s all right here on our Weekly Links.
- Cool news for you nursing mamas. Bamboobies is giving away free pairs of their super absorbent, eco-friendly heart-shaped nursing pads — just pay for shipping and handling. Trust us, mama! You need these pads: no more embarrassing leaks; plus, they’re so thin, you can’t even notice them under your clothes! So get your freebies now! And while you’re at it, everything on the site is 30 percent off right now until August 23rd, with the code FREE30.
- If your little ones eat Cheerios (and let’s be honest, whose doesn’t?!), here’s some shocking info you need to know. Roundup, you know, the WEED KILLER, has been found in Cheerios and Quaker Oats. Glyphosate is an herbicide, and also the active ingredient in Roundup. Research by the Environmental Working Group has discovered it is present in many oat-based products like Cheerios, Quaker Oats, Lucky Charms and Nature Valley Bars, among others.
- With Back to School right around the corner (or maybe it’s already happened for you?!), we are loving the findings of this Etsy survey, revealing some of this year’s biggest trends. According to the findings, kiddos are becoming quite the activists, with purchase relating to female empowerment shooting up 440 percent in sales, and children’s PRIDE shirts being one of the top sellers in June. Kiddos are also loving llamas and rainbows and DIY products. So much more fun info included in the link!
- And just in time for Back to School, the softest, comfiest kiddo clothier has just released some totally new styles! Rags to Ratches is now offering dresses. If you’re a Rags lover, check them out quick… one dress has already sold out!
- Maybe it’s because I’m just getting into Harry Potter in my 30s (seriously, I’m halfway through book five now, so don’t text me after my kid goes to bed), but I am just living for this post featuring three reasons why you should take your kid to see the Harry Potter movies. 2018 marks TWENTY years since Harry was introduced to American audiences, and in honor, Cinemark is bringing back ALL EIGHT Potter flicks to select theaters August 31 through September 6, for just $5 a ticket! So… save me a seat?