With no end to the government shutdown in sight, many furloughed families are desperate for diapers, food and money to keep the lights on. We have details on how you might be able to help. Plus, the first ever baby skincare line featuring CBD oil — why those in the know say it’s super healing. And if you thought pregnancy alone made you nauseous, wait until you see the latest (and grossest) gender reveal technique. It’s all right here in our Weekly Links.
1. A new line of skincare products for mama and baby featuring CBD Hemp Oil as a star ingredient has just hit the market. In fact, it’s the only baby skincare line that contains CBD oil. Wash With Water’s line features diaper cream, balm, lotion, and a 3-in-1 wash.
2. Brandless, an online direct-to-consumer brand known for its $3 household items, is adding a category that every parent will be excited about: baby stuff! Check out all the great deals on baby foods, wipes and more here. All products, even their diaper packs, are less than $10!
3. The government shutdown is hitting families across the country hard. We’re more than a month into the longest government shutdown in United States History, meaning workers — many with young children — haven’t been paid in more than 30 days. This WaPo story touches on how families in DC are getting and giving help, and how you can help, too.
4. There is one place where stretch marks don’t exist. It isn’t heaven, it isn’t post-op at your favorite plastics guy’s office — it’s on Instagram. I get it, stay-at-home moms need the connection found on the gram, but do we need everything (like the expectation to have a perfect body, clean house and #Whole30 approved dinner 20 minutes postpartum) that comes with it?! This week, we’re loving this piece that dives into the good and the not-so-good of parenting on Instagram.
5. And in totally gross news, there is now a such thing gender reveal lasagna. Like, yeah, lasagna that is pink or blue on the inside. I think I speak for everyone when I say: the only cheese that should be blue is bleu.
6. Are you tossing and turning while baby is sleeping through the night? Momsomnia is real, mama. Get the sleep you need… nay, deserve with these 8 sleep-inducing products.