When it comes to a new mom gift, a little wellness can go a long way. But it’s not always the easiest thing to “gift.” Lucky for you, we’ve got some ideas that are as indulgent as they are healthy. Here’s a little guide to 6 of the best wellness for the new mom for the upcoming holiday season.
1. Bobble INFUSE Water Bottle. As a dietitian, I can’t say this enough but drinking water is a MUST as a new mom. It’s vital …but as a new mom with a thousand things going on, it’s easy to neglect yourself. Bobble’s INFUSE bottles are lightweight and super easy to carry while pushing a stroller or nursing your little one. The easy filtration removes the taste and odor of chlorine from municipal tap water, yielding a cleaner, crisper taste. Furthermore, the bottles allow users to add simple pieces of fruit or vegetables (think lime, lemon, orange or cucumber) and contain a filter cage to prevent small pieces of flowing back through the nozzle –so you get the flavor water without the bits. You can throw this bottle into your stroller basket or diaper bag and it won’t take up additional weight or space.
2. Hatch Things Sure Shop Bag. This bag is a lifesaver when running errands with your little one. Who hasn’t had a moment where the stroller has tipped over accidentally because you’ve hooked too many bags onto the handles? The bag has two snaps that allow you to evenly distribute the weight of the bag and its contents without having to worry about the stroller tipping over. Whether you’re running errands or doing a stroller workout, this bag is an essential. The best part is that it’s washable!
3. Bravado Designs Body Silk Seamless Yoga Nursing Bra. How about making life a little less complicated with a multi-functional bra? This bra is super comfortable and extremely versatile – whether your nursing, going for a walk or performing light exercises you can continue wearing the Bravado bra at all times. The bra has a simple front snap closure and offers the same sports bra type support for below your chest. Finding something that fits and doesn’t restrict movement is ideal post baby and well into motherhood.
4. Headspace App subscription. Who doesn’t need time to de-clutter your headspace – especially after your little one arrives! You’ve got a million thoughts going through your head at rapid speed allowing no downtime whatsoever. A year subscription to Headspace may solve that. You can choose from four different series (health, performance, relationships, and headspace pro) and access the app easily whether on-the-go or in your own home. Anxiety could negatively affect you and your ability to make sound decisions for your little one so this is certainly an investment well spent.
5. Barley & Oats Gift Card. If you’re a new mom and waiting for your milk to come in, there’s certainly not much you can do except stay relaxed and patient. But focusing on lactation friendly foods postpartum can help. That’s where Barley & Oats comes into play. As a dietitian, I feel that trying to focus on your healthy, pre-pregnancy food regimen may be tough in the first couple of months post baby so why not let someone else do it for you? This organic meal delivery services offers a variety of options including meals and snacks focused on being lactogenic, digestible (for you and the baby) and tasty! Best part is the lactation snacks and gifts are shipped nationwide.
6. Booya Fitness Membership. Squeezing in time to exercise is a daunting task for most new moms pretty much at any stage. However, Booya Fitness is a helpful solution to finding something convenient and efficient. Booya is best described as a “Netflix for Fitness.” The app feeds off the Booya Fitness website and offers offline syncing (so you don’t need wi-fi when using!). For most workouts (majority of them are under 30-35 minutes), you just need a yoga mat! Booya has partnered with a variety of popular boutique fitness brands in order ensure you never feel bored and that there’s always a workout for the mood you’re in that day.