We know you probably constantly hear about all the compact strollers that are perfect for urban living. But in any walking city, a stroller is more than just a set of wheels to transport your baby from point A to point B. It’s a second home, where he’ll get to eat, nap and live his best city baby life. And that city baby life, let us tell you, can be a rough one. You’ll have to zigzag your stroller through busy street intersections, carry it up and down subway stairs, drag it through snow and puddles, and bump it over high and broken curbs. Sure a small stroller has its advantages, but we say: your baby’s safe haven should be comfy and tough enough to withstands all that hustle and bustle that comes with city living. Enters the Bugaboo Fox.
The brand’s newest stroller, a hybrid between the ubiquitous Cameleon and the more rugged Buffalo, took all of your must-have stroller features and packed them into one gorgeous stroller. It’s the ultimate stroller, and it’s been selling like hotcakes. Wondering why all the other moms in your parenting group are raving about their new ‘boo? We put it to the test. Here are 10 things we love about The Fox.
1. It is strong. The Fox is durable and meant to take you everywhere — like an all-terrain stroller. Like Bugaboo’s other strollers, the frame feels robust and is made to last. But one of the Fox’s strongest suits is the new central joint suspension, along with the big tires, coming together to make for one smooth and steady ride. Cobblestone streets, bumpy trails or even beaches and dunes — virtually nothing can get in the way of your adventures.
2. It is comfortable. The all-wheel suspension means that your baby gets to ride around bump free. Plus, the bassinet and toddler seat were ergonomically designed for ultimate comfort. It’s spacious, and the seat is adorned with a supportive pillow-top padding, so your baby can comfortably snooze while you’re on the go. And unlike the Cameleon, you can now recline the seat with just one hand!
3. It’s a smooth ride for you, too. A lot of the times, all-terrain strollers can get heavy and clunky. But not the Fox. At only 21.8 lbs, it can do a lot of your day-to-day heavy lifting, but without you having to carry a heavy load! Really… One of the first things you’ll notice is how easy it is to lift up. But perhaps even more impressive is how effortless it is to push and steer. It’s like power steering, but for your stroller. Now, crowded streets and narrow corners at the grocery stores have nothing against us.
4. It has higher weight limits. When we said earlier that the Fox was durable, we weren’t kidding. Both the Cameleon and the Buffalo had a weight limit of 37.5 lbs. But the Fox, chic and feisty, can hold children up to 48.5 lbs! So you’re guaranteed to get more use out of it, especially if your little one is growing fast (who are we kidding, they all are!).
5. The seat is higher. You’ll be lifting your baby in and out of the stroller a lot. A LOT. With the higher seat position, you can do that without having to bend over. Plus, you’ll be closer to your little one to check on him. All in all, it’s a major win for you, your babe, and your back!
6. It folds in one piece. For a full-size stroller, the fold is actually pretty compact. But what we love the most is… drumroll… the self-standing one-piece fold, which is a major upgrade from the Cameleon if, like me, you’re short on space and need to store your stroller upright. Really — the new folding design makes transporting your stroller a breeze, whether you are lugging it down the stairs or loading it in the car. For an even more compact fold, you can detach the wheels to tuck the stroller away in your apartment’s tightest corners.
7. It’s made of recycled materials. One of the reasons Bugaboo makes products that last is to generate less waste and lower the brand’s environmental impact. With the launch of the Fox, the brand is taking its mission a step further, by using less raw materials to actually build their strollers. The fabrics on the Bugaboo Fox are made with recycled plastic bottle. This is a big selling point for anyone who wants to live that eco-friendly life.
8. It’s a looker and entirely customizable. Like with the Bee5, you can customize everything about your Fox — the fabric of the bassinet, the seat and the canopy; the color of the frame; and even the color of the handlebar grips and the wheel caps! That’s right, your stroller can really reflect your style. What’s more, the Fox has a slim figure and faux leather detailing that add a sophisticated touch to its otherwise rugged, do-it-all dispositions.
9. The storage is nuts. Not only can the Fox carry heavier children, it can store more stuff too! The underseat basket, which is easily accessible, has built-in pockets and a weight capacity of 22 lbs! And if that’s enough for you, don’t fret! You have the option to purchase the Bugaboo Mammoth bag, which fastens at the bottom of the stroller and can hold up to an additional 26 lbs!
10. It has a lot of other practical extras. The Fox is jam-packed with many other must-have features that full-size strollers have: the handlebar easily adjusts up and down; a two-wheel position to pull the stroller through the snow or sand; an extendable sun canopy; lock swivel wheels for extra stability when you go through rough terrains; and a footbrake that flips and locks easily (something the Cameleon didn’t have).
Ready to give your city babe the coolest, smoothest ride ever? Check out the Bugaboo Fox Stroller here, starting at $1,199.